PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Exchange over the Airwaves
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 13:06
Hot High Heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny Exchange over the Airwaves

Despite being a little grumpy today at having to work on a nice public holiday whilst all my mates were nursing a hangover and a few more tinnies, I did crack a laugh over a funny exchange i heard over Darwin Tower this morning.

A chopper was requesting some circuit work and seemed extremely vague and confused to say the least. Lots of repeated requests from tower for read backs and re-read instructions etc and a heap of non standard calls etc. The guy had that real bush drawl going on.

Anyways on coming back onto the frequency i heard old mate in the chopper being given a departure clearance to Kunnas and not being read back again. 3 mins later, Tower come back on with "Kunnunurra is to the South West sir and you are currently tracking South East". A sheepish reply followed. Had to have a good chuckle. 10 points to the girl on tower too for her patience!

Were a serious bunch most of the time so it does liven the day up to hear things out of the ordinary! Anybody else heard some funny stuff around the lately?