PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Thomson News?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 10:37
theflyingbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CancelIFR

On a personal, selfish note I see my lifestyle with Thomson, better than ANY other airline in the UK, Ive been hear 6 years. Im unlucky if I do more than 600 hours per year, including overtime, and with that get paid a handsome wage. In the last two winters I have taken the family to Scandinavia and Canada, flown to some interesting places, met some great people etc etc, so I am very happy.

But within the paragraph above also you will find the problem, 600 hours and handsome wage! I understand that that has to change, but its the rate and way things are changing that is frustrating people.

As Ella has said new entrants should not expect the same, but unlike most we are trying to hang on rather than roll over, which is part of the reason why we have just turned down a 4.9% pay rise, because of the new pay scales the company want to implement for new joiners.

With regard tro BAPLA and the Canadian contract, Tui has taken a very large stake in the Canadian tour operator and Airline, so its not just any contract, like Easy etc. And to be honest its quite complicated, but BALPA, to a large extent are in a loose, loose situation because of it, basically contract pilots or MORE redundancies.