PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US senate age limit enacted???
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2002, 09:20
Flip Flop Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse me. When these people joined up they knew the rules of the game. Now when time is coming to step down and let someone else take their place, the bitching begins. In typical US fashion they are threatning with a lawsuit. Just marvellous. I will wager a penny that it is the same kind of people who like to put their chosen profession on a pedestal, telling everybody how demanding etc the job is and how far from a "normal" job it is. Fair enough, but then don't expect to have the same retirement age as people holding a "normal" job. Either the job is "special" and as such have "special" conditions applied to it, such as mandatory retirement age, or the job is not "special" and should be regarded as any other job. Of course this could open a very ugly book reviewing the work conditions, renumeration etc. I suppose that could be counter-productive.

Time's up gentlemen, retire in good fashion as countless others have done before you. If you have failed to save up enough to secure your retirement, don't blame the rules.