PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Info for those (low-timers) seeking a job in Namibia
Old 13th Jun 2011, 06:40
flyinglion29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody,

Just for info the 400 h is just not true...
I have been looking for a job in Jan and never my 300 hours came as a problem.
In Swakop it was more about not speaking German.
And don't go to Swaop office of Scenic,wings over and other comp. having an office in windhoek they will just tell you to go to the Windhoek office...

For the 210 rating they don't care.. if you are hired you can do the rating here. So don't waist money on 210 time or 206.

I did time on 206 for Botswana and landed with a job in Nam on 210 and have to do the rating on the 210 now...

And I know 3 or 4 pilots hired in Nam with less than 300h...

For the "Native list" it is true, the company have to hire a native pilot before any other if he is looking for a job. But most of them don't want to fly small a/c...

And for the e-mail CV.. they don't look at them you have to come here and be prepared to stay for minimum two to three weeks for Nam and reaaaaly longer for Botswana most of the pilots I met in Bots where there for more than 3 month already and still no job...

For all other info you will find it in the forum, it is a mine of info.

And if you decide to come, take it as a holiday and enjoye it so if you don't find a job you enjoyed the time here !