PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 01:01
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Savrin, this is from the June 2009 report:
FCPC2(2CE2)/WRG:ADIRU1 BUS ADR1-2 TO FCPC2 (2 h 10)
ATA: 279334
Source: *EFCS1
Identifiers: *EFCS2
Class 2, HARD

This message indicates that FCPC 2 no longer considers as valid the information that is delivered to it by ADR 1 (via bus 2). The ATA code beginning with 27 indicates that the fault was not detected by any other FCPC during the three seconds that followed (otherwise this message would have been classified ATA 34). This message has not been fully explained at this stage of the investigation.
This is from the 30 November 2009 report:
FCPC2 (2CE2)/WRG:ADIRU1 BUS ADR1-2 TO FCPC2 (2 h 10)
ATA: 279334
Sou rce: *EFCS1
Identifiers: *EFCS2
Class 2, HARD
It is possible to explain this message by the rejection of ADR 1 by FCPC 2. It is correlated with the MAINTENANCE STATUS EFCS 1 and EFCS 2 messages.
Neither believes this is a wiring problem. What makes you insist WRG means wiring rather than warning? I realize there are WRN and WRG messages. There does not seem to be a distinction between them as listed by BEA.

A coincidence that would cause an AIRINC bus to quit working in only one direction would be surprising. And if it's not an AIRINC bus (or multiple AIRINC busses) then it's a multipin connector with inputs and outputs on the same connector. Why would only one direction fail? Why would it fail only in modest turbulence and not be discovered before that turbulence? That's too many hard failures at once for my tastes.