PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Atlas guys that can give some insight into the job?
Old 12th Jun 2011, 23:55
FirstStep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My perspective...

You may find past posts by many of us here describing the "life".
Probably not much different that any other place. Although.....
Schedule changes ALL the time, hours lost, then gained, then lost again. Wait a minute, can you fly this leg ( your the only one available? ), so hours gained back, maybe, cause they put someone else on, and now your only DH. Hahhaha.
Hotels are nice, although would be nicer if when you checked in, the room reservation was for THAT day, and not tomorrow, and hence no room available. Sometimes happens with travel reservations as well. But what else to expect with all the changes. I would pull my hair out if I were employed in Atlas as a travel or hotel coordinator. Planes ARE nice, although somewhat crowded at times with DH crew. You can always stretch out in the Lav Crews are great, nice bunch of guys. Soon to integrate flying with Polar crews. A non-event. Soon to get a NEW contract, improvements in many places. Don't expect the improvements to be the focus of conversations.......
I think life here is what you make it, and if your are not happy where your at, you'll probably find reasons not to be happy here as well. Maybe an oversimplification of airline life, maybe not. Atlas has a lot to offer, but you WILL be giving them a pound of flesh for it.