PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2002, 08:48
buzid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sig

No one is is denying your assessment of the ej business model and the success of the company, as well as who's been running the engine roon throughout - erudite as usual.

You fail to see the point completely though - this debate is about people and culture, two things that are terribly hard to quantify but a great sight glass to the shape of the business.

You see, I feel it very hard stomaching this 'people matter' and 'you make a difference' b@ll@cks coming from the top of such a successful company when those same managers look like they're about to try and slash 2% off their contributions to my pension and scrap our annual profit bonus, just as a way of saying thanks for helping them through this 'difficult period' and lets share in the success. Do I feel like I matter in the long term? NO.

Maybe you will already have a feel for it on the ramp at LTN, if you don't I think you're about to get a taste, but it works this way; when people feel valued, rewarded and trusted and respected, things go well and the company prospers. When they don't, they either put their size 9's on and go elsewhere or just plain old don't give a sh!t anymore.
You can figure the next line out yourself, you're a smart person.