PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA,BACX,BALPA-Conflict of interest?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2002, 08:33
Nosferatu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Quite Amazing Strategy Hand!!!

The very last thing I want to do is to return to a dispute position between the CCs. Let's work together on this one, and achieve exactly the same result as was achieved with CFE. Personally, and as a note of 'good faith' if you like, I shall agree now, (and propagate the idea amongst the CX senior community) that it is right and proper we follow the CFE example of being tacked onto the bottom of the master seniority list (even though it hurts - and as long as the DOJ for redundancy purposes is recognised).

What I would like to do though, is pay homage and admiration to Hand Solo and his mates on the BACC. Fancy that!!!

They knew all along that if they proposed that only CX jet pilots with over three years on jets could get an interview to join BA, this would result in a a joint Seniority and Ts and Cs campaign!

They knew all along that if they proposed banning all CX turboprop pilots from even getting a BA interview, then this would result in a joint united approach from the relevant Cs!

They were clever enough to see that proposing what someone has referred to as 'Industrial Apartheid' was the perfect way to bring us all together!

As I said, no more stones to hurl, but please Hand (who knows, I may fly with you one day) give the credit for this approach where it is entirely due, to the BACX Company Council. They are the ONLY ones so far to come out of this whole affair with credit! And they deserve all our thanks for it.

Now all we have to do is get rid of our management - and most of yours too I suspect!