PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 the big flaw of the UNRELIABLE SPEED/ADR CHECK procedure
Old 12th Jun 2011, 19:02
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tyro and aristoclis

Still, if a level off is necessary to carry out the procedure there should be something in the procedure telling how to achieve that.

This is one thing I would include to improve the procedure.

Secondly, I would include something for the high cruise scenario, taking into account that by the time you realise that speed is unreliable you can have been already with weird pitch/thrust settings and in a stalled condition for al ong time, or well above overspeed, maybe suffering some nasty compressibility aeroelastic effects or who knows what... It is a very vulnerable situation, at high cruise. Just the same a take off is. So due consideration should be given to it.

NOd I agree that speed is unreliable is the most difficult part. In a simulator you are expecting things to go wrong. In real life, you do that, too, but in a different manner, and this failures are very very subtle...

and then you have to make the other pilot agree with you and start disconnecting AP/FD and A/THR and level off, which can be difficult if he sees nothing specially out of normal and he is the captain