PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solenta
Thread: Solenta
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2002, 07:52
Mobotu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All for one and one for all!

I am going out on a limb here and blaming all the pilots past and present who accepted working for this company under these conditions for the problems they now face.

Unfortunately there is NO pilots union for charter and contract pilots flying in Africa and and such it has been to the pilots to accept/reject the salaries/conditions.

IF and I say IF from the very start the pilots would have refused to work for such little remuneration and demanded at least $1500 C/P and $2500 CD then I think there would not be as much anomossity towards those who took the 'hour building' route to an airline career.

As to why certain companies refuse to hire ex-Solenta pilots - I don't think this has anything to do with any imagined lack of professionalism as these guys really can fly, but I think rather a case of sour grapes from the other companies who would love the DHL contract but simply cannot offer such low rates and still pay reasonable salaries.

There are always going to be companies which offer fantastic conditions in order to attract the 'Best of the Best' and there will be others who offer next to nothing simply for the experience. I myself have worked for both and in the end it comes down to what value you place upon yourself!

So to all those who have, are or hoping to work for companies like Solenta ask yourself -

How much am I worth?????????