PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing site in Leeds (close to centre)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2011, 16:35
nellycopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redeye,
I have given up on the train, and car for that matter,
You are right it would be commercially better I suppose to go by train, but only last week the gypo,s nicked some signal cable and stopped the trains in their tracks for hours.....
Autumn and the leaves some how stop a 100 ton train.....
I think our council are attempting the world record for how many sets of temporary traffic lights they can use on one go,
If I go to work in the car, with the road works (which ever direction I go ! ) it takes just over an hour ! Doncaster to pontefract !!!!
In the chopper .2 one way .3 back, no stress, no traffic lights, just lift and go !
I have never really had problems entering donny or Leeds, ask nicely, stay low enough keep out the way of the big planes and all seems ok....
I don't really want to go down the rule 5 exemption, I just want somewhere close to the city, like a farm, hotel etc where the Heli will be safe while me and the missus venture into Leeds..
And just one last thing, doing an "A" check when the chopper is sat in the back garden isn't really that much of a ball ache..... My wife choosing which shop to go to first on the other hand ............

Thanks for the feedback guys..

Nelly