PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE-76 aka duchess not recognised by Indian DGCA anymore
Old 12th Jun 2011, 14:07
avicon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess this is more bad news for people already facing issue with BE76 and wanting IR renewal on it. Now as per the new DGCA directive, endorsement on Indian CPL licences will not be obtained without clearing Technical examination on type IN INDIA.

So even if we are to go abroad to get type rated on another type, we need to clear the tech exam here before they will endorse the licence. I cannot confirm whether this rulee is in effect now but it will soon be enforced. Trouble is, it may be too late before we know wehn DGCA has decided to implement this new rule change, because their website is not updated about these matters. However this proposed rule came up in Times of India article quoting Bharat Bushan about the proposed change.

If anyone has any more information regarding this please please update us. I guess this is another ploy to deter candidates from ME training abroad and bring business back to India. I can bet there is a lot of money changing hands for them to pass these arbitrary rules all of a sudden.