PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 the big flaw of the UNRELIABLE SPEED/ADR CHECK procedure
Old 12th Jun 2011, 07:49
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Shaka pointed out, if you are deep in the sh*t when you realise that speed is unreliable it can be absolutely useless to set cruise pitch and speed.

If it is not, or there is a pitch and thrust that can establish the airplane in a safe flight path (be it level or not) then we should know those settilngs by heart, and they should be included in the memory items of the procedure.

I am a pilot and i know what I would do, but Shaka has given me food for thought. I mean: i am positively sure that i would have never reacted with a sidestick pull in an impending stall if it happened to me. Many other pilots have done so, which to me is absolutely outrageous. the concept of stall I have since the first paragraphs I read, the first flight lessons i had, is very simple and clear. Why on earth did they do that?

But if I set 2.5º up and 85%... most likely these settings are useless if I am already stalled. I can even be unaware that i am stalled. i don't know how stall buffet feels in the 320. maybe it is simlar to turbulence... there should be some tool in a pilot's toolbox for that contingency, and the procedure is not providing us with that tool.

hence this thread