PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major EK order at Dubai show?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2011, 07:28
saywhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seaman Staynes et al... I joined a good few years ago. There was no way that at that time they would ever man all the aircraft on order. Strangely enough, the courses were full, and they haven't even had to increase the package yet. I'm thinking that if you believe in Santa hard and long enough, he'll be true in your own mind, but he'll never really exist in the real world.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up, I'm just saying that the pilot group in EK are normally way off the mark with their doomsday predictions. Management might be perceived to be a bunch of w@nkers, but there are still about 2500 pilots keeping their a/c flying. My guess is that in a years time people will still be wondering where the pilots will come from, the courses will still be booked, there will still be instructors, and the package will still be about the same....

Perhaps I'm wrong, but until then, I will whistle on my way to work, not because I'm a management stooge, but because it's a choice I can make. The other alternative is to be miserable. This too is a choice. If I am wrong, you guys get to say "I told you so", and I promise to buy the beer on layovers.

If I'm right, we'll just wait another year.