PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin applies for links with Singapore Airlines
Old 12th Jun 2011, 03:30
Ero-plano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bunglerat

Original uniforms: FAIL
Live2Air: FAIL
Premium Economy: FAIL
Promoting a culture where everyone is on the same footing, where hierarchy is non-existent (unless you were BG), & pilots are no more important than baggage handlers (no offence intended towards bag chuckers, but you guys didn't spend $80,000-$100,000 + spend years doing the hard yards to consolidate your skills & qualifications for your current job description): FAIL
Publicly stating how much he valued & respected us, whilst internally showing us nothing short of contempt: FAIL
Making financially misleading statements about the state of the company, only to have the incoming CEO be forced to clean up the mess & announce the real state of affairs: FAIL
Mate, good list of FAIL points, I don't agree with all, but I do agree with some. JB is a stand-up bloke and QF staff are bleeding that he left QF and went to VB. BG on the other hand through "dumb luck" or whatever else it was, built a solid airline in good times and difficult times. Love him or hate him he deserves the credit.
As you say, I hope VB can hang on for the ride while it bleeds the cash reserves.
Where do you guys think JQ would be if QF wasn't behind it? JQ were lucky to carry any more than 15-20 pax on their flights in early days. I remeber one flight where there were 3 pax MEL-OOL (and the service was still s**t). QF decided it would pull out its competing flights on the same routes so passengers had no choice but to use the JQ service and so it continued to grow. The fact JQ's big bills and aircraft leases are paid by QF is another bonus to their operation.
What QF is doing now is burning cash on JQ, renaming Star Class, Buisness Class and will wage a war with VB's new brand on two fronts. Real clash of the titans stuff again.
The winner gets the glory while the losers will probably sell their a** to an Asian or Middle Eastern carrier.