PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is Mr Guppy these days?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2011, 03:00
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Congratulations to the OP for achieving the jump pilot qualification. I can say that I feel badly that that person would have received a rather poor looking image of the PPRuNe group as a whole with that thread as the window! It's pretty embarrassing! The acrimony displayed on that thread had faded from my memory, but a re-look reminds me that no matter how much wise knowledge a poster might be able to present, there is just no excuse for a ditribe like that, much less a prolonged one!

Presuming that it was that thread which was an element in Guppy being banned, I am pleased that the moderator did their job - they moderated! I'm not going to spend my leisure time reading that kind of rubbish, no matter what my experiece level, or skin thickness! I can choose the playgrounds in which I play, and I don't want to play in one where sand and poop are being thrown! I have observed this on one other website, and chose to not participate at all as a result. Perhaps my choice to not participate was a loss for them, that's theirs to decide.

I don't even put up which that kind of nonsense from people who pay me for my time, I'm sure not going to put up with it for nothing! So call me spoiled, it won't be the first time....

I miss some of the wisdom which Guppy presented, it was thought provoking, and that's nearly always a good thing. But I don't miss that dark side of the tone....