PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India bashing - gone too far?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 21:17
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
- You mean that you are not scanning outside contiuously, how unprofessional. A midair collision in cruise might just happen when you let your guard down. There have been hundreds of millions of flights in the last decade with at least two midairs and you don't scan continuously. Unbelievable. Unprofessional. How long have you been willing to go without scanning outside?

-I would go so far to say that you have made a ridiculous odds statement
Can you quote the actual odds?

- I must have been mistaken in an earlier statement. I didn't realize that you were on dozens of collision courses while in cruise, which is of course what I have been talking about all along. You must cruise along in extremely, extremely busy airspace.

-I'm glad you now feel that the statement about the employer is "an ignorant statement" and "barely worthy of a response". I thought so when you initiated that statement earlier in the thread. That is why I made sarcastic quotes about it. Which of course is better than insults.

-1600 km/h closure rate in the Brazil collision. How long were they visible to each other. Not long. And studies have shown that the average time to see, recognize, react and actually have the aircraft move is over 12 seconds. Sorry strange-named man, no arrogance or ignorance on my part. Just the usual facts. Uberlingen... A slower closure rate with some sort of light out there at night to be seen. Bottom line is...you ain't gonna know what avoidance manouver to make till fairly close. Of course proper TCAS procedures will work.

- Anal retentiveness...absolutely. I feel sorry for your passengers and your Captain. Starting the stopwatch for the response time.