PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - uk to spain in a cessna!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 19:51
Slopey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know it sounds crazy but i was wondering if any one has attempted this
Nothing crazy about it - it's not a flight to the poles or round the world - it's perfectly easy to do. I'm hoping to try and get from Aberdeen to the tip of Morocco in a C172 at some point later this year - but it's more time/weather that are issues than the flying.

but is it possible and viable?looked on google earth and its around 1400miles !!
Of course it's possible - it's not really that far. What's 1400 miles got to do with it? At 120mph, that's only 12 hours ish. You could do it in 2 days sharing the flying, or take and extra day and tour around a bit on the way down.

no im not mad just curious!!
What's mad is thinking that the idea of taking an aircraft 1400 miles is "crazy" - after all, that's what planes are for, going places, not just bashing the local circuit!

It's actually quite simple - have a go at planning it and you'll see it's entirely possible.

As for costs - hourly wet rate for aircraft X however long it's going to take to get there, plus hotel for however many nights you'll take to get there (probably 21 from the midlands if you're taking your time), and figure something like 20EUR for each landing fee.