PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 18:28
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ77; Since I cannot find an answer in the material available to the question you and others have asked, "What Garage Years has been asking for a while now is the value of the critical AoA (AoAc) which is used by the confusers to trigger the stall alarm in ALT law when airspeed (including Mach number) is unreliable.", I am wondering if the actual stall AoA is a function of the individual aircraft with the actual numbers supplied with the fin. We know that in Normal Law, the stall warning is inhibited at < 23deg AoA. In any case, here is something. Note that it is not the stall warning which is unavailable below 60kts but the airspeed, which is considered to be invalid data.

AOA computationThe A/C is wired in the AOA unique selection, so the ADR computes the AOA with the reading of one resolver. The second resolver is used as a back-up.

The ADR determines the corrected angle of attack value which depends on the system number and the SLAT/FLAP position.

For a CAS less than 60 kts: AOAc = 0 and status matrix is coded NCD [no computed data].

For a CAS more than or equal to 60 kts, the corrected angle of attack is calculated as follows:
AOAc = (AoA ind / K) + where:

AOA ind = Indicated Angle of Attack; K, I = Correction coefficients which are a function of system number, slat and flap configuration and magnitude AOA indication.