PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferranti Helicopters
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 18:18
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C16: Thanks for the information on Paddy's Puma incident. Most sad. Thankfully no lives lost.

Hof: Many thanks for the BCal links. We've been in touch with both the BCal tribute sites and will maintain liaison with them in the hope of gleaning further details. Regarding BFYA, she seems to have come full circle in that since the beginning of the year she has gone from being registered with Sterling Helicopters at Norwich to being listed with Alan Mann Aviation at Shoreham (the politics of which I think was discussed on another thread).

Shane: Fantastic images representing an important contribution to the material covering Denis' fleet. Thank you. One of Denis' 500's was an 'M' model (ex-military) and I am guessing that it was ATY based on the information I was once given suggesting that the military version of the 500C had a wider rear passenger 'skylight' than its civilian counterpart as well as a slightly different shape of door window.

Ant: 'Antonio', welcome to Rotorheads. We share something in common in that our introduction to rotary-wing flight came by way of the Ferranti family. I also went on to fly commercially (for about a decade) until 'other duties' called! I have sent you a PM re: your father's tenure with Denis. Please forgive me for asking what may seem obvious to most but .. are yoy flying 61's ex-ABZ? I didn't think they were being used any more in the North Sea.