PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 17:04
bearfoil

HundredPercentPlease

With you.....100%. I framed it differently, but I did include that the a/c behaved as it was programmed to do. One can squeak a greaser in the Navy and get no more than "satisfactory".

One should not expect applause for doing what one is expected to do. The problem is almost certainly where you indicate it to be.

Are their mitigations? youdambetcha........

Responsibility is the issue, not Blame. Should the pilots develop their own paid for syllabus (pun intended)? To include coverage of events that happen once in a blue Moon? Some one has to. We have here Pilots who could write a training manual, and improve the performance of aviation. Simply reading their critique of the 'system' shows that. Tradition would have it that this Manual would not be 'selected'. The final moments of 447 were a Trade, Experience for Programming, and the result was a breached contract. As with all contracts, this one will be also 'unwound', the salient soft spots hardened with some resin, and push, please.

This time, I am hoping that the flying public, and aviators, will be better served by the ones traditionally expected to 'Fix It'.