PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar reservations system goes pearshaped - AGAIN!!!
Old 11th Jun 2011, 15:11
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Points taken well Prado - however

The client gets offered the flight times that fits best despite the airline. They are advised of course if there is a baggage recheck issue.

Virgin offer connectivity so there is no issue if there is a delay. Passengers are accommodated. Jetstar to Qantas connections that fail due to a JQ delay are handled at no cost by QF and very well. QF to JQ delays are handled very badly and if you get a female (and this is in no way sexist but a factor with Asian and Arab or indeed Indian airline res rooms) everything becomes difficult because the ladies aren't allowed to operate outside the box and actually make a judgement call. The blokes aren't much better.

I have actually found booking engines that deliver itineraries within 30 seconds all the time. Virgin Australia, Adria Air, Gol, Rex, Singapore Air and so on. They do it consistently. Why not Jetstar?

Do you think Jetstar is doing themselves a favour by having a system that might if your lucky deliver an itinerary in a presentable format for a client a day after it is booked?

That was the whole reason for the post. A heads up on a problem that I have raised earlier.

Thankfully now I have 92 airlines I can issue tickets on via IATA BSP and this is total immediacy. That is what Corporates want.

With a low cost carrier an agent or a company booking direct needs closure and not having to go back and check over and over again or hang on the phone to Manila or wherever to get the final itinerary. We4 need closure too. The booking needs to be processed to the clients need, issued invoiced and over. If it drags out then the airline concerned does not endear itself at all.

For information JQ are not always the cheapest and there is generally only a couple of bucks between them and DJ and quite often QF daks the pair of them if you know how to search.

You may not be saving any dollars at all. Your DJ onto JQ connections may cost you a couple off hundred at an airport hotel plus the rebook fees.

EWL