PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To those of us who are not flying..how are you dealing with it?
Old 11th Jun 2011, 15:04
Captain_Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have been qualified almost 4 years now. Had bit of safety pilot work on a CJ2 but nothing came of it. Did cr@ppy temp jobs for a year or so, then decided I needed to get into the industry somehow, to stop myself going insane, and decided that working as cabin crew would be a logical step. Been flying as CC for over a year with a low-cost carrier, and you wouldn't believe how many fATPL's there are doing the same thing. Quite enjoy the job... pay isn't bad at all (commission can add a few grand a year to the salary), and get to work with aircraft and chat with pilots daily. Would recommend it.

I tend to lose the motivation to spend days and days sending off applications, but have decided that from now on, will spend 1 set evening a week applying for jobs. Gives me free time for other things the rest of the week, but also helps to motivate me to get at least a few good applications sent off each month. In the meantime, I still get to fly every day, just.... on the wrong side of the cockpit door