PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Metroliner III data
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 13:57
Centaurus

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been offered a job in this aircraft but i've to attend a selection process first, I would like to go with some culture about the a/c
If the interview panel conclude by asking if you have any questions, ask them to give their opinion on the weather radar installed in the aircraft. If they say no problem it is excellent radar, then regard their reply with a hefty dose of cynicism and that means the rest of what they have told you in the interview may be bulls..t.

Because many operators of Metros are on shoe-string finances, radar defects are seen as low priority and a faulty radar is accepted as the norm. This is not a good thing since the medium altitudes at which Metros typically fly are smack in the middle of thunderstorm build up's.

The radar may be working but poorly maintained due cost cutting measures. The Metro radar will work well provided it is maintained regularly but many pilots are reluctant to snag defective radar in the maintenance release for fear of `making waves`

By asking that simple question and gauging the reply, you may obtain some clue on the company culture towards pilots writing up snags where these will cost money..