PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 09:56
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gretchenfrage

330 testflight in Toulouse stalled due to pilot mishandling leading to an unrecoverable stall. Two experienced pilots. Still some debate if the aircraft would have been able to save, still debates about the electronics/protections handling.
Where did you get this misinformation from? if it is the crash I think you were talking about they were simulating and engine failure and the due to a problem with Alt* the aircraft lost too much speed, they had almost recovered but did not have enough height. The Alt* programme was subsequently changed. More of a Vmca problem.

320 Perpignan stalled due to THS behavior. Normal pilots. Still some debate about the recovery possibility or not.
Again misinformation! The THS was a contributing factor, the pilots incorrectly carried out the low speed check at too low an altitude and without following the Flt Test procedure. A recovery could have been possible if the correct actions were taken / correct procedures followed.

Qantas Perth. Aircraft apparently didn't obey pilot orders, recovery succeeded. Still debating about the real reason of the electronic/protections behavior.
Jury still out on that one, as the equipment tested correctly and there were other factors.

AF 447. Enormous debate about the THS, crew performance. Unsure if the aircraft was recoverable.
There is no enormous debate about the THS, it behaved correctly and if the correct actions had been taken I am sure the A/C would have been recoverable.

Airbus needs to clean up their act. Even Joe bloggs like me should be able to apply and memorize a simple and uncomplicated task for upset recovery.
At the moment this seems unrealistic. Therefore all debates are basically futile, because any finding will lead to the perpetual "they should have known" which seems almost impossible.
What an amazing statement to make! Perhaps you are not an average Joe Bloggs!