PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 03:43
Shagpile

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Answer to some questions

Just take each of the good things out of command, champagne, flitestar and just pop them into a little app. Just leave out all the crappy things each product does.
Never used Champagne/command - we just put in what we want to see (more updates coming).

what do the following acronyms stand for:
No idea! They are in the data that Airservices provides us. If anybody knows, please let me know and I'll change their names!

When is the overlay on approach charts coming??
Down the track. Airservices hasn't geo-referenced approach plates, so we would have to do that ourselves. It is a long process...

sometimes the the map of Aus is all distorted - either stretched or compressed
Is there or will there be an Android version?
Put on the backburner for now, but yeah it will be released eventually. Maps will be a long way off (it requires a 100% rewrite so we have to look at the business case for it as our time is limited).

Is there any chance of a jepp chart version?
They have their own app. Don't think it does maps yet though. Maybe they are working on it...I'd love to get my hands on them though!

What we want is the ability to go to more than one location by touch. Such as a multi sector IFR plan, then overlay it on the WAC.
Will be out in v2.1 which we're working on now.

v2.0.1 bugfix release will be out shortly and will have better download queueing and the ability to direct-to to custom points.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Hopefully CASA get onboard sooner than later - keep up your pressure on them Although tested a lot, it's still new software and there are bound to be some teething problems, so please fly safely & I observe our company position of Not for use in Air Navigation.

We're also having some server outages at the moment so please be patient (demand is overwhelming!) First was an entire downed sydney network for 30 minutes and now it looks like we've hit a circuit breaker with our bandwidth and they suspended our account. Resolving now...
[update] - Resolved. Turns out we were peaking at 80mb/s uploads which they didn't like! We've upgraded to a more expensive, redundant account now so this kind of thing shouldn't happen in the future. Sorry for any troubles this caused.

Last edited by Shagpile; 11th Jun 2011 at 04:33.