PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck - CRM ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 22:44
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole story from the OP sounds like a pointless winge from a disenchanted member of the CC who possibly has a 'chip' about Flight Deck as well.

If the flight deck are, in fact, feeding from First Class then it has to fit in with the F class service which, from aperitifs to liqueurs, can take up to three hours on long haul. It is a simple matter to serve starters to crew when the pax are having theirs as well, but, as in my last airline, if crew wanted First Class food they had to wait until the entire service was complete in the cabin, then the whole caboodle would arrive on one tray, if an F class pax wants a second starter instead of desert, for example, it is not acceptable to tell them it has all gone. That said, every airline that still provides a proper first class service have their own way of doing things. Again, in my last employer, we would rarely bother with F class food as we were catered for and could have a J class 'trayed' meal any time we liked. In some airlines it is a Crew Meal, take it or leave it.

From my experience any opting out of the team usually came from down the back, "We don't mix with Flight Deck", or "He may be the Captain in the FD but I'm the captain of the cabin and you are my crew" etc. both actual but very, very rare occurrences.

Crew food is not and should never be a flight safety issue, divisive behaviour may be and should be addressed immediately.

Last edited by parabellum; 10th Jun 2011 at 23:21.