PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFAP (Federation) takes legal action against Jetstar
Old 10th Jun 2011, 22:00
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JUDGE ORDERS COMPANY TO STOP OFFERING INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTS
Is that true?

The order says that Jetstar gave an undertaking to the court that it (Jetstar Group Pty Ltd) would not to issue the individual contracts before 1st September to first officers and cadet pilots. The company (note that the company is not Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd) had given this undertaking to the union anyhow. I doubt that the parties even turned up at court given that the order was signed the day before.

Seems to me there was nothing ordered by the court other than a timetable for the submission of a defence and reply. I also note that the voluptuary undertaking was very specific and rather suspiciously did not include the rank of captain. Are FO's about to be offered upgrades on the group contract??

Neither has an Order been made by the court against Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd to stop taking 'Agency' staff from say PARC (or JQ Group) or at least ensuring that individuals from the agencies receive EBA level of remuneration rather than employ on the EBA.

Guys, do not start celebrating yet!!

Afap, whilst i wholeheartedly support what you are trying to achieveI hope You and your legal team are covering all the bases!!

Watching this one with great interest

The Kelpie

Last edited by The Kelpie; 12th Jun 2011 at 20:53.