PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 20:55
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I love it! Bought it!

Now guys, you just need to add the same multi leg routing thing that I have in my marine navigation software...explained below.

With mouse I just point and click saying the magic words: "I want to go from here (click) to here(click) to here (click) etc.

Make it "snap" from where your finger is to the nearest vfr/ifr whatever waypoint.

The software draws a "rubber band" line between waypoints.

I can move any waypoint that is not the active waypoint I'm tracking to. That would be perfect for setting up a diversion.

The active waypoint automatically advances to the next in line once it bears 90 degrees from your current position.

You can insert additional waypoints in between the active waypoint and the last waypoint.

There is a shortcut "steer hear" command - which is what you have already got with your single leg arrangement.

When you have finished planning your route, you save it, and the program asks for a name, or automatically generates one (date and time ). You also get to insert a comment and a departure and destination.

When you select the route to follow, you get a window that not only gives eta/ete for the leg, but also total ETE and also route ETA. Those numbers are recomputed every few seconds as your speed varies.

This last bit (route ETA) allows you to accurately set yourself up for a precision arrival time.

Ohhh, and please add user defined waypoints that can be inserted by finger pointing as in "I want a waypoint here"

FFS please don't do it the way that Air Nav Pro does it with a gigantic list of waypoints and airports that you cannot easily search through.

Now all we need is an autopilot with a bluetooth interface to connect the Ipad.......

Don't want much, do I?