PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 19:20
bearfoil

gums, Lonewolf

"bear, it seems that in FBW, "return stick to neutral" might not necessarily remove the nose up/climb command. As I understand the sidestick function, your "back stick" command tells the plane to do "x" (a g command), which it keeps doing until you (gently?) move the backstick again to tell it to do "y." (different g command). "
(lonewolf, "stick command").

First of all, at the time noted by BEA of a/p loss (2:10:05) there is "Cavalry Charge", and "Master Caution". FCOM directs use of autopilot in turbulence, and so we assume that the Pilot is well trained in handover.

If the a/p quit due limit overwhelm, or rate<aspect, it is important to know the stick logic. In A/Law (1&2), Pitch is protected? In A/Law 2, ROLL is DIRECT. Direct means one tweak, or tweak and hold, or intermittent tweak?

"Twitchy" is not necessarily an a/c fault, it may mean simply that the a/c appears "touchy" in ROLL to the pilot, if in DIRECT.

lonewolf:
"...Is that what you were getting at? Given that airspeed appears to be a trigger for one, and AoA and airspeed the trigger for the other ... good question. It appears that this is not an input that can override the pilots commands. (Toss in "Abnormal Attitude Law" and things get more interesting, I suppose ... if it's active)..." yep.

PJ2:
"..The key as we know bear, is to determine the origin of or the reason for, the pitch up and then to examine the broader factors which contributed to making this a feasible response to the UAS and/or the AFS Disconnection. By no means, is any of this pleasant business, I assure you..." also yep, but with a "boy howdy" thrown in

gums:
"...It also bugs me that some of the documents state that "speed" is involved in the "laws" versus a pure AoA, and that some of the AoA warnings are inhibited according to speed..." So yeah, if unreliable, why would speeds inop the STALLSTALL? Mos' confusatory...