PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dambusters movie; they are changing the dog's name
Old 10th Jun 2011, 15:46
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all rather amusing, I think - Stephen Fry (poor dear) says it's pretty well unthinkable to call the dog Nigger in these enlightened times, whilst the word motherf****r appears to be more popular in films and TV with every passing moment...along with lots of other words that regularly get an outing. What do they think will happen if the name is left intact? Do they really believe the film will bomb (oops), as the entire black (is that the in word?) population of the USA boycott the film?

By the way, you can't change it to trigger - I may be mistaken (but, like all old farts, I refuse to admit it) but weren't the codewords for 'bomb dropped, the rotten damn is still there' and 'bomb gone, gerry's gone paddling' trigger and nigger? Oops...can I say that on here? Might make the film a bit difficult to follow if the same codeword means opposite things.

Incidentally, does anyone else listen to the morse in fillms and make 'grrr' noises when the morse is actually three of four random letters (if that) and the hero 'reads' about 5 lines of script?

...No, thought not, I'll get me coat...