PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is Mr Guppy these days?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 15:41
Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don' know what he is like in real life though. Some people are completely different on forums, some are not. Perhaps he got very tired of people undermining what he was attempting to put across, who knows?

After being ousted off a forum at one time, meeting the guy was one of the most revealing experiences I've ever had. The fact I had allowed a complete nobody to affect my life totally changed how I treated people who try to pick a fight on an internet forum. I simply stopped meeting them half way and acting the idiot myself.

Quote:
I didn't think it was too difficult to find out SNS3Guppy's post actually do pan out with a little internet searching
CG, you raise an interesting point. If it was that easy for you to find the information on the internet how easy do you think it would be for Guppy to do the same, add his little slant to it and proclaim it as his own?!

Just asking.
I think it would be easy. I could be a flight simmer who googles everything I post. I'm not, I'm a low hours PPL with a love of old aeroplanes. (who also happens to use a flight sim as a training tool).

I've an almost encyclopedic knowledge of WWII aircraft for example - though I know a 14 year old kid with a bit of experience on google could easily tie me in knots if they wanted by checking every 'fact' posted etc etc.

The point was I took a browse around to satisfy myself, I found what I was looking for. So regardless of the guys personality, for one I'm satisfied he was passing on his own experiences.