PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 11:58
Taildragger Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making up my mind

Hi all:
I'm a A320 cpt flying in a semi-major airline that could be closing in the near future. Getting a job over here is not easy and less if a bunch of some hundred get in the same situation.
Of all the big places to get a job I like Vietnam the most. I don't like very stiff working atmosphere nor a very relaxed one. I don't like dessert countries policies. Just forget about Japan (gotto do all your training from scrach). Korea can get interesting as well as China but I feel more like VAL for a start.
I'm not looking for the buck but for a way of living, as long as I get enough to live well over there and send around 2.000€ back home I would be happy. Of course I would't say no to much more, but not at any cost.
Having said this I read all the last posts about the different brokers. It's a shame that our lovely profesion has to live with this brokers thing but it is how things work nowadays It's not clear to me wich one is better, I usually don't pay much credit for the first advice because it could be interested but this attacks against RAL worry me because we are talking about our money, our health and our lives, and these are no things to play with. If I had to make a decision within the next 2 minutes I woul go with Parc but I want to ask these guys who talk bad about RAL; I can understand anyone can have a bad experience with anything and talk subsequently bad about it, but do you think the RAL pilots are living such experience as you did today?
Thaks all for reading.