PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK company accomodation
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 10:49
Craggenmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I have a question about housing in DXB for FO´s without children?
Do they get apartments? Where are they located? best regards, Patrick
My wife and I live in company accomodation. It's a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom/2 balcony appartment (+maids room and bathroom making 4 beds/4 baths) in one of the older tower blocks (circa 2000) situated in the 'older' part of Sheikh Zayeed Road a little north of Dubai Mall.

What's good about it, apart from the enormous amount of space we have, is that more than half the block are offices. This means that the building has a great feel of privacy. So few people use the gym and Ive yet to see anyone in the pool - it's like having our own private health club.

Few crew live in this building, unlike Tecom or Millenium, so there are no EK posters/NTC's hanging in the lifts and you don't have to sign your guests in and out.

There are many great hotels, bars and restaraunts within walking distance and the local alcohol shop in 20 seconds from the front door. 2 metro stops are either side of the building too. Ive yet to wait more than 45 seconds for a cab to pass. Last week at Milennium I waited over 20 minutes.

I don't have any bills apart from the internet connection. If you move out you will pick up water and power straight away.

It's not all bad. Cheers, Craggs.