PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 10th Jun 2011, 09:49
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Sunday my partner dropped me off at BFS and had to pay £1 for the privilege. The only difference between that bit of road and any other was the barriers erected purely to enforce the £1 charge. No actual "service" was received in return for the £1.

What the is going on? Has the madness that has enmeshed itself in every walk of life on the mainland finally crossed the water to Northern Ireland as well?
Most airports have some form of additional charges now.. some charge an airport development fee to every passenger (£5-10)... BHD tries to lure people in to paying more at the car park to get fast track security/wifi and a shorter walking distance.. and now if you return to the free drop off zone within 30 minutes (i think?) of your previous visit you'll get charged.. BFS charges £1 for dropping off and if you smoke theres an area available for £1...

If £1 breaks the bank for you, then do what quite a few people do, stop randomly on the road and let people get out.. theres no enforcement in place to stop it from being done.. just causes great annoyance for those who get stuck behind you.. there is a bit of a grace period in the Long Stay carpark, simply drive into it, get a ticket, let your passengers out then go back out for no fee, only a 3 minute walk from the terminal.

welcome to the real world of making money

as for BFS-LPA, i think for the last 2 weeks its also operated from DUB, getting this close to summer loads should be increasing, i wonder is it to do with crew problems, as BFS is regulary staffed by pilots from DUB..