PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Whistleblower - Sandpit warning
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 08:30
inlet corrosion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would appear that a great number of pilots in the Middle East are receiving notices from a number of entities in the US as a result of these subpoenas; the traffic is coming not just from Nabarro themselves but from web-mail hosts such as Google (Gmail) and Microsoft (Hotmail) informing those whose identities have clearly been provided to Nabarro of impending action.

The gist of the notice is as follows:

Google/ Microsoft has received a subpoena for information related to your Google/Microsoft account in a case entitled Etihad Airways and XXXXXXXXXX v. Does 1 through 100, inclusive, Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, BC459787 (Internal Ref. No. 140203).

To comply with the law, unless you provide us with a copy of a motion to quash the subpoena (or other formal objection filed in court) via email at [email protected] by 5pm Pacific Time on June 22, 2011, Google/Microsoft may provide responsive documents on this date.

For more information about the subpoena, you may wish to contact the party seeking this information at:

Shelley G. Hurwitz
Holland & Knight LLP
400 S Hope St Fl 8
Los Angeles, CA 90071-2040
(213)896-2400

Google/Microsoft is not in a position to provide you with legal advice.

If you have other questions regarding the subpoena, we encourage you to contact your attorney.

Thank you,

Google/Microsoft Legal Support
Very nervous times for a number of members of this website. The facility will continue to exist for any other entity to obtain your details in the event that they are so inclined, merely by launching the same subpoena action.

It is only a matter of time before this cautionary notice is blown out of the water; please provide the necessary onward warning to all other users of this site by repopulating this warning in the event that this does occur.

To those who understandably believe that I am Etihad management or a spoof; I wish that was the case; I am also subject to this action under a different username.