PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learning to fly at Wycombe
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 06:32
BroomstickPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other possibilities

Hi Petrolhead88,

Both of the organisastions at Booker had very good names over many years. However, both have changed hands in recent times. So I suggest you try to find opinions from people who have trained under the current owners before you come to any firm conclusions.

I note that you are resident in Bucks, in which case I would suggest that you also consider the Firecrest club at Elstree and The Pilot Centre at Denham.

I must confess, I have not heard anything about Firecrest for some time, so I don't even know for certain whether they are still operating. If they are, then I think they could be a good choice. I went to visit them with a view to flying there some years ago and was favourably impressed.

The Pilot Centre at Denham I can vouch for as I flew there regularly a couple of years ago and so far as I know they are still operating, still in the same ownership and still as good as ever.

West London Aeroclub at White Waltham too has always had a very good name over many years, although it is apt to be expensive and might be a bit further away for you to travel to.

As a final piece of advice, if you have the choice of one club close to home that 'seems O.K.' and another that seems excellent, but requires a one-hour car drive, go to the latter in preference to the former. It's the quality of the club that matters most; you can live with the car journey.

Regards,

BroomstickPilot.