PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck - CRM ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 00:54
PilotsOfTheCaribbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul, I am envious of you.

I am envious that your life seems so bereft of day to day problems, that you fill the void with anguish concerning something that you don't even know actually happened.

I want a life like that.

I am an old captain and I am prone to grumble from time to time.
(mainly from the time the aircraft settles in the cruise until the time it starts it's Earthward glide some hours later.)

I know that if I asked for my meal to be served in courses, the crew would laugh. They normally laugh at my bad jokes. They laugh at the same story I have told them umpteen times before, and they laugh when I moan and grumble.

Working as a team means that you do just that. People have to be flexible and accommodate different character traits within the group that they work with. Sometimes that means taking the time to understand the dynamics of a group and the individuals within it. A part of the subject that goes under the banner headline "CRM" is about understanding those differences and dynamics.

If a captain somewhere, wants his meal courses seperate, it may be because he is being humerous. It may be for a hygene reason. It may be because he is just a grumpy old git. But is it really important enough for you to get your knickers-in-a-knot over?

If you want to really set your ire on fire, just switch on Sky News, or read the Daily Mail. All sorts of stuff there that may be just as untrue, or badly reported.