PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2011, 00:34
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poit, which airplane would you rather be in if you were in turbulence, at night, iced up pitot tubes with unreliable airspeed trying to hold pitch and power using the unreliable airspeed checklist? A 747 classic with a yoke and direct throttle or a side stick and a lot of broken automation? Would you pitch the 747 up into a 10 degree plus nose up stall?

That is why I never bid the Airbus so never had to fly it and never learned all the laws, even though it paid more. I never cared if the AP or AT disengaged because the automation was just a help when it worked and when it failed it just increased the workload slightly. I'm thinking pilots are now depending too much on automation and it failing isn't just a small inconvenience.

I am waiting for the BEA to finally tell us what they know because so far the info has been scant so it is hard for us to really know what happened. The CVR would tell a lot of the story and they have all of that.

Just because you don't trust an airplane doesn't necessarily mean you dispise it by the way. I just happened to love and trust my B757 because I had total control over it no matter what the computer thought.