PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 9th Jun 2011, 23:15
blueplatinum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aer lingus pulled tomorrows flight BFS to LPA.... passengers flying from dub 24 hrs later.... does anyone have load factors for this route, as route also pulled from timetable for winter 11/12 having just launched for summer
My partner flew BFS-LPA on EI on Monday and said the aircraft was half empty. If they are going to pull this stunt then they really should schedule the DUB and BFS flights to be on the same days of the week.

I think part of the problem is that the route is totally new and was not publicised well in advance. A few years ago LS launched four routes to LPA with very little notice, operated by large (233 seat I think) aircraft which then flew nearly empty for 6 months. They withdrew from LPA altogether after those 6 months and have only recently tentatively returned.

I do believe there is a big pent up demand for this route in Northern Ireland as the TOM/TCX flights from BFS to LPA are always full when they operate. EI as a scheduled airline just need to give passengers more notice of new routes.

If PAX wanted to fly from DUB they would take FR at a fraction of the price and if FR ever return to BHD (if they ever extend the runway) or BFS they will kill EI dead in the water anyway