PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 19:49
bearfoil

Wolf

I am not persuaded that the A330 needs additional design work. This accident is I believe, more basic than a hugely anomalous glitch might infer.

I don't think BUSS would have made much difference, nor the addition of steam gauges as "back-up".

Credit where due, this a/c did climb with X energy, and reached X-y somewhere near the apogee of a long curve to the Ocean.

I truly believe that the answers are few, easily connectable, and straightforward.

I honestly don't believe BEA parsed the data to "set-up" the pilots.
There is sufficient responsibility available for all, and eventually, it will out, to a very fine accuracy.

I think what we have here are Blunders, not cheese holes. If, in identifying these shortcomings, a new and improved way of driving the Bus (and other a/c), is proposed and accepted, fine.

I also believe that underneath the Blunders will be some of the less attractive aspects of Human behaviour, not limited to Flight crew, by any means.

The Bus was built by humans, and flown by humans. So, not necessarily PE, but H-E.

I would not want to inhabit the moccasins of those responsible for making this horrible crash likely, rather than remote.