PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft you love and hate to fly ...
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 19:26
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slasher, I like to read your posts, you seem pretty knowledgeable usually, but you disappointed me with your comment re the Nomad. Drinking the coolaid again? If you really think that way, you obviously were never taught how to fly it properly. It has nice performance, can take you places not many other airplanes can take you with 12 passengers, handles an engine failure better than most light twins, is fast and pleasantly balanced. On the negative side it is noisy and the engine gear boxes are prone to failure, but unless you own one you would not be bothered by this.
All airplanes have their positive and negative qualities, so do people, so it must be something pretty extreme for you to rate a particular airplane so low.
I only have 600 hours on the N22 but rate it highly and would be happy to fly one again. I seriously cannot see why there is so much antagonism against the airplane unless it is driven by politics or the tall-poppy syndrome, which Australians suffer from so much. Maybe that is a virus, unless you are an Aussie too?
I am also interested in why you hate the A320. I never flew one, but from what I am told by those that do, it is much-loved. Did you fly it? Why do you not like it?