PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First solo (ppl fixed wing)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 18:04
berno_wald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently at 10.5 hrs in my lessons for PPL-A. My last lesson was Monday, when I did 5 circuits before doing a little more airwork (mostly curves), and flying to a nearby field to fuel up, then fly back. Circuits are going fine, the problem is still the landings. But on Monday, we had 60-90° crosswind for the landings, so for someone new like me, it was rather difficult. My instructor said, after the last go around, something along the lines that I was doing rather well, considering the conditions, and he wouldn't have sent me up solo under those conditions. In the debriefing after the lesson, he is still fairly sure, that I could make it to solo by 15 hrs, but that is yet to be seen. Weather, and having to return back to "regular" work, will make it difficult to have as many lessons in a short period of time that I just did (4 lessons in 7 days). So the gap between lessons could quite cause a "delay" in making solo by 15 hrs. He said not to worry about it. 15 hrs is a goal, but not chissled in stone.