PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 17:55
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good God mate, you are a test to one's patience.
Bear with me :

1/ pitot probes freeze. Speed doesn't make any sense to autopilot, consequently autopilot goes KABOOM !
Aircraft goes into alternate mode. No big deal. Just a few protections lost....like stall. Errrrrr ! Trim is still functionning though. You have basically your normal A300 only with fly by wire, but the logic is the same. Pull makes you climb and push.....well, you guessed.
2/ in any airline, trained pilot keeps pitch and thrust AS THEY WERE ! The damn thing was flying a second ago, why on earth shouldn't it fly a second later, speed or no speed indication !
3/ pilot for reasons the majority doesn't want to picture and will therefore hzve its nose rubbed in, pulls nose up. 7000 ft / min at FL 350 ! Some kind of pull ! 10 deg pitch ! Plane bleeds off all its speed and STALLS. by that time, still functionning trim has done its job.......it's trimed the aircraft since somebody was pulling !
4/ by that time, speed is back and shows an horrific 215 kt.....pilot pulls some more adding full thrust making things a lot worse than they already were.
5/ the rest is a long 3 minutes ending by a just horrifying death for 228 people if anyone cares.
Don't tell me they didn't feel anything ! 40 deg bank angle, 11 000 ft / min, some kind of smooth ride !
6/ according to rumours coming from Airbus, once stalled and the fuselage hiding the stab, it was too late.
I heard of some stunt which would have consisted of shutting the engines down, pitch down, relight......blablabla.
The trick was not to let it stall in the first place.
As to the skipper whose rest timing was well.......who could make a sense of the mess he had to face getting out of the bunk almost in his undies ?
Why isn't the french press full of this article when the rest of the world is ? Cuz the french press is a joke whose mission is to report what they're told to report exept maybe for Christophe Barbier. But then......who told him to leak this ?

Finally, this speed BUSS thing that was already in service in other airlines, like LH, is not reliable or very reliable above 25 000 ft, so says the rumour.

Last edited by Me Myself; 9th Jun 2011 at 18:55.