PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Jun 2011, 16:50
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Immigrant you asked the following:
Q) "So you guys Don't have 8 hrs Flight/Block time limit for 2 crew members as most of the World???? "
A) No. The UAE's FTL scheme is based upon the one defined originally by the UK CAA in CAP371. <-- click link
Q) "and you really do 11:30 Flight/Block for the one duty??"
A) Yes... and we can also use Commanders 'Discretion' to extend a FDP by 2, or even 3, hours (depending upon the circumstances).
Q) "was I asking this..."
A) No you didn't; but other people might be wondering if, whilst the FTL scheme allows for long FDP's, is the aircraft actually capable of matching up to it?... which it is!

Ps. Hence the edit (though strongly wishing to avoid thread creep! ): Immigrant, what I suspect you are working with right now (in Panama = FAA Reg's? ) is described on page 4 of FAA NPRM 'Flightcrew Member Duty and Rest Requirements' but wherein the direction the FAA are looking to take it is described on page 143 (basically towards something more akin to CAP371). The FAA are to issue a final ruling on this by August 1, 2011. See also: FAA Fact Sheet / Pilot Fatigue. Imho, I think you'll find the FAA's NPRM FTL Scheme more kindly in terms of increased rest & fatigue reduction. That said, European & UAE ops, even today, get more rest and do less flight hours than have been proposed in the FAA's NPRM FTL Scheme!

Last edited by Old King Coal; 10th Jun 2011 at 08:26. Reason: Found some additional information regarding FAA based limits which might serve to highlight the differences for our FAA orientated brethren.