PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want To Fly But Fear
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 14:13
Romeo Delta
Wherefore Art I?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought I'd drop my .02 Aussie pennies in here as well. I'm not employed by the airlines, but I fly every week for work (the movie "Up in the Air" could be my Bio). I've flown on almost every type of passenger aircraft, and have exceeded 1 million miles as a pax.

I grew up outside Seattle, with friends whose families worked at Boeing (and some who followed on to work there themselves), so I am a "Boeing Boy" at heart. I can say, though, that Airbus makes some solid aircraft. And from a passenger standpoint, they are often a more comfortable ride in my experience. I've done the A330 on long journeys (and about to do the 340 in a couple weeks to Rome), and can say the ride is worthwhile.

It often helps to bring diversions. I have a few different media players at the ready, loaded with games and movies to pass the time. My girlfriend loves her crosswords, so she usually will have 2 or 3 books handy for long trips. You'll also be able to get some sleep, which will seem to make the time pass more quickly.

Hope you get to enjoy Europe soon!