PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 09:44
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CONFiture

Fair enough, my last sentence should have said that Vsw in Alt Law occurs at a lower AoA than Alpha Prot in Normal Law. I say that clearly enough elsewhere but it was late and as I mention the Safety First article explains it all much better.

No evidence to suggest the AoA prob/s were damaged though and I would still tend to believe, at this point, that they were providing accurate info.

I would definately agree with those who point to training and how well we are prepared. I have a-lot of military time so upsets and stall recovery procedures were day in day out bread and butter stuff but in a very different aircraft to the Bus. The training I recieved on stall recovery in the airlines was fairly minimal by comparison and certainly I have learnt a-lot of new stuff from background reading as a result of this but should it not have been covered before?

I have had false stall warnings before in large aircraft, one in particular just after take off on a dark, v windy, rainswept in a heavy aircraft was a little stressfull but that was the only symptom, the config was correct as was the speed on all 3 speedo's and the attitude on all the AI's so it was a case of applying full power for comfort, taking it as spurious and at a safe alt getting the eng to shut it up.