PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wycombe air park - accident
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 09:11
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are all adults here with a keen interests in flying which has its risks. Let's make this experience a positive one.
This is a rumour network. Were you the pilot by chance rather than just a passenger?

All of the other questions I have asked have been perfectly legitimate in trying to gain an understanding of the incident. By trying to understand the conditions at the time of the incident and provoking discussion on aspects of loading, runway and environmental conditions I was hoping to make the experience a postive learning one.

As I have said a couple of times I am unable to reconcile the W&B and was asking for a little help in understanding the numbers. You clearly stated the W&B was done so running through the numbers would have helped dispel the theory that the aircraft might have been overloaded? That leaves other areas for consideration.

I was also curious if the other aircraft in the party carried on or if the whole trip was binned as clearly it would have been a downer going off knowing your friends had been in a crash?

I have not accused anyone of anything, just tried to examine logically the conditions of the accident and see what can be learnt from them. Exactly the same as the AIB will be doing. It is all part of the learning experience to see if we can draw the same conclusion as the AIB.

I should imagine that the usual things will be examined by them. Such as the mechanical state of the aircraft, crew experience and competance, loading of the aircraft, witness statements on the attitude of the aircraft during the take off run. Then you have the usual questions about purpose of the flight you know the usual was it a club flight a public transport flight or just a group of friends cost sharing etc.

Whats the problem with a group of pilots expressing there own theories as surely there is nothing to hide?

The pictures just give us a better understanding of the conditions of the accident. I do agree that making light of the situation is a little bit of bad taste but I don't agree that discussing it sensibly and in context is wrong.

Feel free to knock up a solicitors letter to me. Not sure on what grounds you feel you have recourse but hey I am game!!!