PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 08:24
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poit

I have my own theory but it will stay that until the report is out, no point in posting it here as it would be speculation.

There are differences between Boeing and Airbus philosophy and on both there are some good things and some not so good things. The whole point is you have to "learn" the aircraft you are flying and not continually think back to previous types, didn't do that on a ......... (insert A/C type here). That's what we as "pilots" are supposed to do. Any A/C with the AP / A/THR (Autothrottle) off are still aircraft and subject to the same rules of flight as your small cessna or chipmunk.

RWA

It was not just Airbus that re-stated the "new / old" stall procedure, Boeing did as well. I believe that Boeing, Airbus, other manufacturers and the regulators got together and the "new/old" procedures were emphasised. This was after events like Turkish in AMS (with moving throttles) and Colgan at Buffalo. The same thing happened when the revised procedures for Smoke and Fumes were changed a couple years ago. Manufactures and regulators assessing the most likely causes of Smoke and Fumes and devising a checklist priority, with reminders that an off field landing may be required should the fire escalate.

aterpster

Good memories beat me to it!