PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Questions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2002, 14:59
druglord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey pal,
Good thing you're looking for advice. First of all don't try to mix flying and aviation unless they are HIGHLY related to your flying like Uni SA has. You'll end up doing what I did and one or the other will suffer meaning 1/ you fail uni exams or 2/ you end up repeating flights because the time between is staggered. If I were you I'd do all 3 years of Uni and not even touch flying until the final year and do it all in one hit as you then propose. And I wouldn't try to do too much by correspondence. The number of guys out there doing grade 12 maths/physics to get into Q are a dime a dozen and the ones I know find it hard to even get that done let alone an entire years worth of work.
Secondly degrees are about as useful a hoola dancing in GA, but in parts of the world 80% of airline pilots have degrees. So it should pay off in the end. This has nothing to do with the intelligence or skill of a pilot, but rather with the fact that the more degrees in a company the higher the stocks are valued.
Good luck